Monday, August 30, 2010

As my time was winding down in Boston I figured I better do some last minute touring.


And some last mintue getting lost in a big city.



So I had a nice run around here



Img_4260

I visited the Freedom Trail again.


Img_4291


Went to FHE for the last time. Followed by a failed attempt at a run to Target. Turns out I don't know how to get there from the church. You don't have to read this but

I mean, I was driving around in downtown Boston at night! I came upon a toll booth and swerved out of the express lane and stalled trying to merge back into the cash lane.
I came upon a second toll booth and only had my silver dollar out of the $1.45. I asked the toll booth lady what I was to do if I didn't have the money and she said I'd have to fill out a form to be billed for later. I looked all around the car for change and she said it'd be fine if I was 10 cents short. I looked around with a car full of inpatient people behind me and came up with $1.44. Long live the toll booth lady.
It doesn't stop there. I now had to take the windy side roads to avoid the toll roads and the lines dividing the street are non-existant. I got honked at twice and every time I made a quick stop, the fire truck toy in the back seat would set off a siren. Oh yes, the GPS began to die so getting home was the least I could do.

But I did make it to Target the next day and I stoped at a Marriot to get instructions. I feel like I can do that with J.W. Marriot speaking at Daniel's graduation and all. I actually went into two Marriots that week. The other while on the Freedom Trail. That time I was lost as to how to get to the T. Then I got on the wrong one but found a friend from church to talk with until I found the right one. The mom was impressed that I'd only been in Boston for two months and I could run into someone I knew in the city. Go YSA.


Back to what you should read,
I went back here, the MFA


Img_4272



And had to say goodbye to this little guy.


Img_4079


No comments:

Post a Comment