Sunday, July 25, 2010

July 5, 2010

Guess what?
I had the day off.
So what did I do?


The original plan was to go to the Museum of Fine Arts with the borrowed members pass. However, the YSA crew was going to the beach. So I thought, hey, I'll go to the museum then head over to the beach afterward. So I hopped on the public transit system and met a boy who was going apartment hunting. He is starting a job at Microsoft within the next few weeks. Go him. He got off and I realized I was on the wrong route. So I hopped off. Then hoped back on. Then I looked over and saw some YSA members so I thought, hey, I'll just go with them to the beach right now. Which I did. Revere Beach.



Img_3532


Rumor has it that Revere Beach is the Massachusetts version of Jersey Shore. Some people have hopes that MTV will produce a show called Massholes to follow up Jersey Shore. That might have been too much.
So the beach felt great. Jarom brought grapes which has an alternative scientific explanation. It was a perfect beach day. Hot. And the water felt great.
I left America's first public beach established in 1896, shortly there after to go to the Museum of Fine Arts. I really should have left myself more time to view the museum because there was so much to see. It was brilliant. There were Van Gough's, Picasso's, and Monet's alongside ancient Egyptian artifacts that I couldn't help but thinking how awesome it would have been to uncover. I also met a "ski bum," if you know what that is, outside the place. I had a favorite piece but I'll have to get back to you on the name.




Next stop: Faneuil Hall.


Also known as the Cradle of Liberty, Faneuil Hall is where the colonists began to protest against the Sugar and Stamp act. Fortunately, a Duck Tours vehicle drove up and stoped to look at the building so I was able to overhear the tour guide spill.


Across the Street to Quincey Market.
This was fun. I was just in time for the trapeze street performers. Inside the market were dozens of places to eat. I got some classic New England Clam Chowder and a Boston Cream Pie. Classic. It was a hot day for soup, but it was perfect for the moment.




Followed by the Old State House.
Here the Declaration of Independence was proclaimed for the first time. Yes. I did feel very patriotic this 4th of July weekend.


 




Next stop: FHE at the new stake center.
It was red, white, and blue themed. We played a, how well do you know our country? type game. It was funny with a bunch of MIT and Harvard kids especially when it came to questions certain bonded elements and other things like that. We also had sandwhiches and always, a game of ultimate frisbee after, which we played until 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment