Saturday, July 10, 2010

June 27, 2010

Sunday.
Today was the dedication for the new Cambridge Stake Center. Mit Romney said the opening prayer. Not joking.



Also, I ran into this picture.


Img_3378

That's my great-grandpa, Ira Terry
. The picture was on a poster explaining the history of the church in the Boston area. Yes, a nice surprise. Ira Terry helped build the church in Harvard Square, which recently caught fire, and served in many callings in the New England area.There was a lady standing by me looking at the next poster in the sequence, when she asked, can you find me in this picture? I figured she might have known my great-grandpa Terry if she was a little girl in the photo of a group shot in front of the Harvard Square church, so I asked her, Debbie, if she knew him. She said, "Yes, very well. He gave me my patriarchal blessing." She described him as a very kind and wonderful man and asked if I had ever met him. I think finding this lady that knew him caught me off guard. I began to cry and cried through the whole dedication. I just felt like I was at the right place at the right time and I was suppose to be there then for that experience. The dedication was very good.
My favorite parts:
Thanks to those who brought the gospel here this far.
Built by the simple and weak.
Feeling of oneness.
We all drink from wells we didn't dig.
All in all the church is awesome. . .everywhere.

1 comment:

  1. Lisa D! That is so COOL! I really almost cried when I read this. I miss you something awful, but I'm glad that you're having such a great experience. LOVE YOU! -NattyBOO

    ReplyDelete