Friday, June 25, 2010

It was a Moldy Sandwich

On the church side of things. . .





My Bishop is the real deal. Bishop Porter. He taught a combine lesson on Sunday and I didn't check my watch once. In fact, I wished the lesson could have gone on longer. He talked about having memorable conversations. Movies, the weather, sports, tend to be forgettable conversations while gospel topics have an impact on people. He taught us how to create memorable conversations and the whole things was just good. He also said things like, "It is a feature of Massachusetts to have the same address number on multiple houses," and "carpet invites the spirit." But hey, we're happy that the Episcopalians have housed our church meetings while the new church is being built.
I was also able to go to the temple, which is about ten minutes away. One of the Elders (Andy Ford) at the temple was from Sandy, Utah, went to Hillcrest High School, and played on my very own neighbor Brett Hashimoto's little league baseball team. Geepers. I also met the temple President, who knew Grandma and Grandpa because they lived across the hall from them. He said they were always partying. It use to be a suprise that I could go anywhere and ask if they knew my Grandparents, but that wore off after Fiji.



No comments:

Post a Comment